Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
(Medicine Bachelor & Bachelor of Surgery – MBBS)
To graduate high-quality medical and health professionals to serve and develop the community of West Kordofan, greater Kordofan and Sudan at large, conforming to the global standards.
- To graduate life-long learners in medical and health professions who are able for continuous professional development.
- To qualify medical graduates able to share in solving community health problems.
- To graduate medical and health professionals able to conduct scientific research to solve community health problems and able to collaborate with other interdisciplinary research work.
- To graduate medical and health professionals able to work together as a team.
- To adopt evidence-based medical education to design, implement and evaluate the educational programs.
The broad competencies (knowledge, skills and attitudes) required of students at graduation include:
- Knowledge competences:
By the end of the study program the student, in the area of knowledge, shall be able to:
- Describe the basic structure, function, growth and development of human body.
- Describe and explain the mechanisms of disease.
- Select the appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests.
- Interpret and integrate history and physical examinations and select the appropriate and cost-effective diagnostic procedures to manage different health problems properly.
- Diagnose, treat and manage commonly encountered medical, paediatrics, surgical and obstetric emergencies.
- Skill competences:
By the end of the study program the student, in the area of practical skills, shall be able to:
- Conduct a proper history taking and thorough physical examination.
- Perform basic clinical procedures.
- Conduct basic scientific research
- Attitude competences:
By the end of the study program the student, in the area of attitudes, shall be able to:
- Respect patient’s needs, privacy and appreciate the diversity of cultural background and values professionally.
- Provide health care with fairness and non-discrimination.
- Interact with different members of the medical and health team to promote health and prevent disease effectively.
- Select and refer difficult problems that exceed his/her professional capabilities properly.
- Communicate with patients, families and community members effectively.